DMT DIA-Sharp 8"x3" Bench Stones
If you are looking for the ultimate sharpening flat stones, your search is over!
Guaranteed not to hollow or groove, DMT precisely engineered Dia-Sharp® Bench Stone with continuous diamond surface assures consistent, even sharpening every time. The 8-in. length is great for both long and short knives, or broadheads. These stones provide cutting edge performance for a quick, keen edge on small contact areas and pointed tools. Diamond grit clearly marked on side of stone. Sharpening with diamonds is fast and easy. No messy oils needed; sharpen dry or with water. Durable construction will provide years of consistent performance and reliable service. For proper tool maintenance, woodworkers, chefs and other professionals rely on the superior quality and versatility of DMT® products.
Proudly Made in the USA!
- Sharpening surface accommodates range of edges from large knives to small pointed tools
- Sharpens knives faster than conventional stones with DMT's micronized monocrystalline diamond surface
- No oil is needed-sharpen dry or with water.
- Durable construction will provide years of performance and reliable service.
- Extra Extra Coarse: Aggressive edge repair when bringing a tool back from what looks like the end of life - a safe alternative to powered grinding.
Recommended for extreme stock removal to repair a much damaged edge or to quickly change a bevel angle. This grit is a safe alternative to power grinding, cutting quickly without heat build-up that can ruin tool temper. Size: 120 micron (120 grit).
- Extra Coarse: Use to rapidly repair damaged or real rough edge.
Recommended for aggressive removal of metal on damaged tool or for heavy-duty outdoor tools such as axes and Iawn mower blades. This grit is commonly used as the first step in flattening the backs of chisels and plane irons and for rapid stock removal from a chipped or damaged edge. Size 60 micron (220 grit).
- Coarse: Transforms a dull edge to cutting condition.
Quickly restores a dull edge to cutting sharp. Customers that desire cutting fast action without worry of edge refinement often use our coarse models. Size: 45 micron (325 grit).
- Fine: Use to put a great edge on slightly dull knives or tools
Restores to a fine edge any knife or tool that is slightly dull. Many of our customers consider the fine grit to be a medium/all purpose sharpener. Professional Chefs and gourmet cooks work through to our finer grit models. For woodworkers and sportsman who are stepping through the grits, it's edge refinement step done before micro beveling and polishing. Size: 25 micron (600 grit).
- Extra Fine: Gives everything a polished and razor sharp edge.
Refine knife or tool edge to razor sharp perfection. Size: 9 micron (1200 grit)
- Extra Extra Fine: For the edge enthusiast who wants the ultimate edge.
Provides the finest grade micronized bonded diamond abrasive available anywhere for the ultimate edge refinement, achieving quick stock removal with millions of diamond cutting edges. Prior to break-in, using the extra-extra find diamond will result in a matte to shiney finish (scratch pattern evident) on your edge or bevel; once fully broken in, you will achieve a lusterous finished edge. Size: 3 micron (8000 grit).