The best thing about synthetic insulation is that it stays warm even in extreme, wet conditions. Until now, that reliability has come at the cost of bulkier and heavier products. Taking cues from one of nature’s most effective insulators — trapped air — Sitka saw an opportunity to make synthetic insulation lighter and warmer while keeping its warm-when-wet properties.
Enabled by PrimaLoft®, Sitka's Aerolite Collection harnesses the insulating property of air to keep your pack light and your body warm, even in the wettest conditions.
Kelvin Aerolite 30 Sleeping Bag:
After years of designing clothing systems that protect in extreme conditions, Sitka turned their attention to the sleeping bag as your final layer of mobile warmth. Viewed as an extension of your clothing system, the Kelvin Aerolite 30 Sleeping Bag does a lot more than sleep. Its multifunctional design keeps you warm well after sunrise. After all, why should your sleeping bag only work for you at night?
Kelvin Aerolite 30 Sleeping Bag Product Description:
The Kelvin Aerolite 30 Sleeping Bag is a multifunctional layer for active time in camp, cold glassing sessions or dreaded midnight nature calls. Synthetic PrimaLoft® Gold Insulation with Cross CoreTM technology replicates the aesthetics and performance of down insulation, but with warm-when-wet performance. Featuring a 30-degree warmth rating, it’s designed to be an extension of your SITKA clothing systems for full-season performance, even in the wettest conditions. Jacket-like features include zippered, functional armholes; contoured shoulders and hood, and a center-front two-way zipper.
Kelvin Aerolite 30 Sleeping Bag Feature/Benefits:
• Synthetic PrimaLoft® Gold Insulation with Cross CoreTM technology replicates the warmth and compressibility of down, but with the benefit of warm-when-wet performance
• Lightweight insulation (35% recycled) is infused with silica aerogel, a nearly weightless material that’s composed of more than 95% air and acts as additional thermal insulation
• 20-denier polyester face and backer
• Durable water repellent finish resists precipitation and prevents face fabric from wetting out
• ISO 23537, 30-degree comfort rating; designed to be worn with other layers in your SITKA clothing system for colder conditions
• Contoured shoulders and hood for a shaped and functional jacket-like fit when active
• Center-front two-way zipper
• Armholes positioned for functional mobility; baed draft tubes seal in heat
• Stowed hook at bottom of bag connects to midlength interior loop; shortens the bag for walking
• Shaped footbox provides even warmth around your feet
Total weight: 38 oz.